Mental Health Services
Anger Management Therapy is designed to identify the presence of anger, the underlying reasons for anger, develop strategies to end angry outbursts, learn more appropriate ways to express anger, and use effective conflict resolution strategies. I provide a safe environment for clients to learn:
- Socially acceptable means of dealing with anger
- Identify triggers of anger
- Learn what stress is, including stress management strategies
- Effective ways to communicate feelings
- How to show empathy and implement forgiveness
- Understand emotional intelligence
- Manage and motivate yourself
- Become socially aware of how you are being perceived and perceive your environment
Anger management will not stop you from getting angry, as it is a natural emotion, but it will help you find more appropriate ways to express it. Anger management is designed for those who are seeking self-help; court mandated referrals, referrals by Human Resource Managers, Employee Assistance Programs, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counselors, concerned parents, and spouses are welcomed.
The mediation process involves the use of collaborative techniques by a mediator, who is a neutral third party. The mediator assists disputing parties in voluntarily reaching their own mutually acceptable settlement of some or all of the issues in dispute by structuring the negotiation, maintaining the channels of communication, articulating the needs of each party, and identifying the issues.
Benefits of mediation are:
- Where children are involved, the focus is kept on the best interests of the children, to develop an effective plan for the children involved.
- The ability to resolve issues in a way that suits the clients and enables them to directly affect the outcome.
- An opportunity to speak directly to the other person about issues of concern in a neutral and safe environment.
- An opportunity to learn skills for better communication and cooperative problem solving for the future.
- Often more cost-effective and simpler than court processes.
- Can reduce tensions and alleviate an adversarial atmosphere.
- The process is private and if closed mediation, confidential.
- Diagnostic Evaluation
- ADD/ADHD Assessment
- Anger Management
- Substance Abuse