"Building strategies, building confidence and building change to have everyone represented at the table, because everyone matters."
Handling Your Business
We have all heard the term a “happy worker works harder” well it seems the best way to increase productivity is to increase the number of happy workers. Conflict resolution is necessary for the workplace to boost morale and encourage productivity. When conflicts go unaddressed, they can have a negative impact on productivity and the team. My services entail coming into the workplace to train employees on how to resolve conflict, overcome the effects of working in high-stress environments, provide management with skills to stay organized and offer support to address concerns.
You and I both know that you have what it takes to be the best, but if you want to be the best then you have to have to have the best.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Consultant
What is Diversity & Inclusion?
Diversity refers to a range of human differences, recognizing they can be inherent or acquired, ranging across gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, generations, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, education, experience, age, work style, communication style, socioeconomic background, cross-cultural competency, and perspective. Diversity continues by including the myriad of ways in which these identities intersect.
Inclusion refers to valuing all backgrounds and experiences represented within organizations. However, the process of inclusion takes things a step further by ensuring that diverse groups are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organization’s success.
Diversity & Inclusion Consulting Includes:
- General Consulting Support
- Measurement of Current Climate
- Individual and Group Cultural Sensitivity Development
- Diverse Recruitment & Retention Strategy Consulting
- Business and Employee Resource Group Consulting
- Assess Conscious and Unconscious Bias
- Diversity & Inclusion Communications/Positioning
- Diversity & Inclusion Crisis Management
- Diversity & Inclusion Interventions
Benefits of Diversity & Inclusion:
- Variety of different perspectives and competencies
- Increased creativity and innovation
- Faster problem-solving and better decision-making
- Reduced employee turnover
- Higher employee engagement and performance
- Improved hiring results and better company reputation
- Diverse culture, candidate pool, and market
- Able to service communities and become more socially responsible
- Happier clients
Trauma-Informed Care Consultant
What is trauma-informed care?
Trauma Informed Care is a strength-based organizational structure and treatment framework that involves understanding, recognizing, and responding to the effects of all types of trauma. Trauma Informed Care emphasizes physical, psychological, and emotional safety for all, seeking to help survivors of trauma rebuild a sense of control and empowerment. Trauma-informed practices eliminate policies and practices that might traumatize and re-traumatize clients and employees.
Trauma-informed consultants Provide:
- Prevalence of Trauma and Understanding the Impact of Trauma
- Contexts of Impact – Cultural, Intergenerational, and Societal Factors
- Discussing the relevance and importance of cultural competency practices within organizations to be truly trauma-informed
- Principles of Trauma-Informed Care
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma on individuals, communities, and organizations
- Incorporate a trauma-informed approach across organizational roles
- Describe steps for creating safer work settings for both service providers and clients
- Design an action plan for trauma-informed goals in service delivery and program planning
- Building Trauma-Informed Principles into Policy and Processes
Benefits of trauma-informed care:
- Creating safer physical and emotional environments for clients, families, and staff
- Reducing the possibility of re-traumatization
- Improving the social context in a way that enhances all relationships
- Building resiliency and strengths-based focus
- Increasing success and job satisfaction among staff
- Higher staff health and morale